Thread: Windows 7 sound problem

Windows 7 sound problem

Just few days back i had upgraded my system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Ever since I installed Win 7, I'm having a strange sound problem. Whenever i play any music or watch any DVD on my system, my sounds work perfectly. But, when I'm in Internet explorer and browsing web pages, you know that "click sound" you hear when you click a web page and back out of a web page. I have loaded all windows updates, updated my sound drivers on my machine. As long I have something playing sound in the background, the IE click sounds work. Anyone knows why i'm facing such Windows 7 sound problem? Anybody have a clue how to fix this? I didn't have this problem in Vista. Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 sound problem

It seems that with audio inactivity Windows almost tries to disable to save power. After you make sure all other audio drivers were uninstalled and disabled, You put the card back in and reinstall the drivers. If it shows as being disabled via the button, as soon as an audio source needs to use the device it will take a few seconds to kick in.

Try going to device manager and uninstalling the driver. Then reboot and either let windows find and reinstall the driver. Even if the other devices drivers aren't the problem their can be a hardware conflict between two devices on a pci bus, and disabling or removing other devices on the same bus one at a time could determine what device is causing the conflict(if that is the problem). Go to Control Panel, Sound, Sounds Tab, scroll down to Windows Explorer, Start Navigation and see if any sound is associated with it, if it does, turn up your volume and test it.

Check the settings in the driver's application for that. If you're running win 7, can you hear the .wav if you click test "without" any other media playing in the backround? You need to try out your Windows Vista driver. You have bad drivers, go look for drivers for you motherboard vendor site.

According to me, most likely the problem seems to be a driver or hardware conflict between them(even if your os doesn't list a conflict). Otherwise a modem or other device on the same bus. If the issue does not occur after you use this method, use the Manage Add-ons option in the Tools menu to determine which add-ons are causing the issue.