Thread: What is the shelf life of compatible brand ink cartridges?

ethrestroh Guest

What is the shelf life of compatible brand ink cartridges?

I would like to know about shelf life of compatible brand ink cartridges?

Re: What is the shelf life of compatible brand ink cartridges?

It totally depend on the manufacturer or brand of the ink cartridges. You should keep them in safe place covered with tight plastic or something. Keep them away from sunlight. Some ink cartridges have best before date like Lexmark.

Well this question is really relative.
    One can not tell the shelf life os compatible brand ink cartridges. Its really a relative thing. You can not tell the shelf life.
    There are various ones the manufactured one, replaced ones & refilled ones.
    So cant say.

ethrestroh Guest

I heard that the shelf life of compatible brand ink cartridges is approx 2 to 3 years. But recently I found that my last ink cartridge's life is only 9 months.
    Last edited by ethrestroh; 19-08-2009 at 10:30 AM.

After reading from multiple sources I came conclusion that all original cartridge has shell life of 2 to 3 years. It works more but depends on the way of use. Normally all OEM suppliers gave a expiry date o 2 or 3 years for the cartridge. The thing which kills up a cartridge is refilling. If you refill ink from any untrusted source then it degrades soon. The comes broken part, degradation quality, etc. The ink settle downs at the end of some cartridge or stuck in the nozzles which reduce the printing quality and degrades it.

ethrestroh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. View Post
    After reading from multiple sources I came conclusion that all original cartridge has shell life of 2 to 3 years. It works more but depends on the way of use. Normally all OEM suppliers gave a expiry date o 2 or 3 years for the cartridge. The thing which kills up a cartridge is refilling. If you refill ink from any untrusted source then it degrades soon. The comes broken part, degradation quality, etc. The ink settle downs at the end of some cartridge or stuck in the nozzles which reduce the printing quality and degrades it.
    I agreed, I think there are some factors affects on life of ink cartridge, like hot-cold environment, dust etc... That was my thoughts, it might be wrong...

RickySmith Guest

There are number of factors that affect the life of a cartridge. Depending upon these factors life of cartridge varies from few months to couple of years.the most important factor is that whether the cartridge is opened or sealed.

christopherclark Guest

When you keep cartridge in company packing it will remain intact in good condition even for a year or more than that. But if the cartridge is opened it may dry up if not taken care.

AshleyLewis Guest

shelf life is totally depend on your use of cartridge and care of your towards cartridge.

thomashill1223 Guest

As like other consumable,cartridge has also performing life and this life is called shelf life of cartridge and this is depend on such factor like temperature and environment etc.