Thread: Error 0210 stuck key 38

Error 0210 stuck key 38

Hello everybody,

I have a Ibm think pad and it has been restored twice .Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it.Best buy geek squad telling it is the hard ware since this is now what comes up when I turn the computer on.please help me with this

any helps should be greatly received..!!
    thanks

Re: Error 0210 stuck key 38

I think your keyboard has been shot, or perhaps shorted out. Do you have another keyboard that you can try? Keyboards are pretty cheap, to replace, so it won't cost you much to replace if need be i guess
    Cheers..!!

Sounds like a fatal keyboard...connect an external keyboard if you have a spare.May be you can utilize the function key FN and search for a keyboard icon somewhere on your keys....FN plus that key will let you use the external keyboard. if it works okay, you will need to fix or replace the laptop keyboard.

Basically,you have to pay $400 to the geek squad for them to wipe the computer down for nothing.Can you use the functional key or If you press the F1 key, can you then use the keyboard? Make certain the keyboard controller entry in the BIOS setup is set for 'enabled' if there is such an entry.Same time you can use a spy sweeper to wash off dirty things from your personal computer

I pulled my hair out for a week with a similar error message (without the number 38) on my HP Pavilion notebook. It had nothing to do with the keyboard. Finally discovered the source of the problem. My LAN PC card (ethernet connection to DSL) had failed, blocking the transfer from the bios to windows XP. Nothing but a blank screen following the bios statements. A new PC card cleared up all the problems.
    Your problem may also be caused by the failure of a peripheral like the LAN card.