Thread: audio driver for Compaq Presario 2199US

audio driver for Compaq Presario 2199US

I am having a Compaq laptop and the model number of the laptop is Compaq Presario 2199US. I do not have the sound or audio driver of this laptop. I want to know where can i find the audio driver software for this laptop? I am using windows XP home edition operating system. Can audio driver software supported for Windows XP will also support the Windows vista operating system?

Re: audio driver for Compaq Presario 2199US

Every laptop is supplied with the drivers CD along with it. Insert the driver CD in the CD/DVD Rom and install the required driver from the CD. If you do not have the driver CD with you then you can download the audio driver or any other required driver from the website of the company by choosing the product and model number of your laptop. In you case select Compaq Presario 2199US. And download the driver for this laptop.

If you are not able to download the required audio or any other drivers for your laptop then go to device manager from right clicking on my computer and selecting properties and hardware option from that. The hardware which are not installed properly will shown in the yellow marks. Right click on the audio device driver and select update driver option this will automatically download and install the audio driver for your laptop.

If It is not installed by the above defined methods then you have to contact the company retail outlet of the Compaq to solve this problem. Or else you can contact the shop from where you have bought the laptop. They will tell you what to do for solving this problem. They will install all the required drivers and software for your laptop. They will do it free of cost if your laptop is still in the warranty period and they will charge you for this if warranty period is over.