Thread: Samsung SH-S223F dvd writers led blinks continuously

Samsung SH-S223F dvd writers led blinks continuously

Hi. I have a desktop system with windows xp installed as the operating system. I use Samsung Sh-S223F dvd writer as my optical drive. The problem is related to my drive. It continuously blinks that is the LED of the optical drive continuously keeps blinking and do not stop until I open and close the tray. Please help.

Re: Samsung SH-S223F dvd writers led blinks continuously

The problem basically tends to be with the connection of the drive through the cable been loosed or loosen up. Open the cabinet case and check for the connection of the optical drive. Fix the connector cables tight if it is loose. This will provide proper power supply to the unit due which it might then get detected properly and might not keep the led blinking as it does.

Your optical drive may not responding properly or to say it might be getting detected in proper sense that it needs to be. The only chance or possibility I see is that you need to change your optical drive by replacing it with a new one. Take the drive to the manufacturer or to the nearest service center. Such cases normally appears or happens due to loss of power failure. This might have left the IC to be worn out.

Its basically an issue with the lens of your optical drive. As your problem suggests that the led of the drive keeps blinking this means that there might be some dust particles on the surface of the lens of your optical drive. It needs to be cleaned up. There can be a chance of it getting proper by doing this. You can clean the drive by using DVD lens cleaner kit. It consists of a CD wit ha solution that has to applied on the surface of the brush that is been attached to the disc.

Al you need to do is to update the firmware for your optical drive. If the above solutions don't work out then you can try for updating the firmware. This may result that it may format the complete enabled applications that is been installed which has gone old and may not feature well with the modernized technologies. Updating will lend in installation of new softwares ans application. Hope this will sort your problem.