Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

SPDIF Output to Amp

Hardware Peripherals

Old 28-11-2009

SPDIF Output to Amp

Ok here is my setup:
- My SPDIF Output looks like a normal headphone jack
- A40 MixAmp, which I can connect to with either RCA (Red and White) or Coax (Orange) or TOSLink.
- A pair of Sennheiser HD555

My computer doesn't have Coax as a digital output nor TOSLink, so I'm left with this weird SPDIF Output.

I've tried putting a 3.5mm stereo plug to Red and white. It works in the headphone jack, but not in the SPDIF output. All I get is weird sounds and hissing. (I did change my computer settings so it uses the digital output). All I could find on the internet was that I needed a mono jack instead of a stereo jack. First, I don't know if it's true and second I can't find any cable 3.5mm mono male to RCA male.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
WarpedMonkey

Old 05-06-2011

Re: SPDIF Output to Amp

You can get a Toslink To Optical Mini Adapter from here - http://www.amazon.com/Toslink-To-Opt...dp/B0002MQGRM/

Or you can even for the 6ft Toslink to Mini Toslink Cable that can be get from here - http://www.amazon.com/6ft-Toslink-Mi.../dp/B000FMXKC8

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,