Thread: Compatible microphone for Playstation 3

Compatible microphone for Playstation 3

Just few day back i had bought a new Playstation 3 game box. I just got Call of Duty 4, and I want a microphone so I can talk during online play. Does the PS3 come with a microphone or do you have to buy one? Can anyone recommend a cheap microphone that is compatible with the PS3, wireless or wired? Any one knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Compatible microphone for Playstation 3

You could use any bluetooth headset/microphone if you have one. I have the official ps3 mic that comes with socom and i love it, really clear, onscreen battery level and mute functions, nice charging station.

Jabra makes a cheap one. Any cheaper than that you get the crappy wired ones that dont work so well. Spring for the Jabra. I use the PS3 eye. its the ps3 version of the EYETOY camera. No need to recharge and it is a great microphone. so you can leave your surround sound on.

Any bluetooth headset will work on the ps3 and gamestop has some really cheap ones. This microphone headset simply plugs into the USB port provided on any PS2 unit. The port is found beneath the regular controller port location. I have this headset that has the 2 plug ins (pink and green) they were mainly used for the computer as it had a microphone and a headphone plug in in the back of the computer.

The best mic to use for open living room chat is the PS3 camera and the best chordless head mic is the one Sony makes, that's a blutooth headset and it sits in a charge base when not being used. Go to Settings (column after profile name), then click on Accessories, then click on Audio Device Settings, then make it say something along the lines of USB headset. Don't click the Bluetooth button if you aren't using a wireless headset. It's the one that can be bought with Socom Confrontation or separately. I use it on Socom and it's really top notch sound quality. I just hold in L2 to chat and it's golden mic really.