Thread: HDMI cable not working on Playstation 3

HDMI cable not working on Playstation 3

I've been playing the PS3 using component cables up until this point. I just bought a new 42" LCD TV for my game room, and tried hooking the PS3 up to the TV using two different HDMI cables. When I hooked it up with a HDMI cable on to the HDTV it sensed the HDMI cable, but it doesn't`t work when I switch it to HDMI. Why does HDMI not working on my Playstation 3? Is there something I'm missing? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: HDMI cable not working on Playstation 3

Make sure you have a good connection, check your wire. For that you need to power on PS3 while hooked up with HDMI, then once powered up simply press the power button on the front and hold till you hear a beep. That was a soft reset. The PS3 will then go to its defaults which will try and figure out your TV.

Did you have another connection before you got HDMI? I had rca jacks before and had to have both connected and had to go into the PS3 and set my connection from AV to HDMI. However you have your ps3 hooked up before the HDMI leave that hooked up and then hook up the HDMI cable then when you transfer it just tv input to HDMI and it should show up then you can adjust it. Then you need to turn the power switch on the back of the console. Your HDMI should work after you turn it on.

HDMI cables really need to be pushed sometimes. Nothing outrageous, but make sure it's plugged ALL the way in. You need to connect the PS3 to the TV with the HDMI cable and set the TV to the appropriate input. When turning the PS3 on, instead of just touching the power button, hold your finger on the button for 5-10 seconds. It will beep once when you first touch it, but keep your finger there till it beeps some more. That should reset the settings and you should see something on the screen, and you can change your settings from there. Hope that works.