Thread: Windows Xp Microphone issue

Windows Xp Microphone issue

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I decided to use some online shooting games with a friend and we thought it would be a cool idea to use a headset with a mic and so on. Now the problem is that when i plugged my headset into the appropriate spots on my pc, i can not hear any sound from it. Can any body tell me how to resolve Microphone issue on Windows Xp? Any one knows about it? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Windows Xp Microphone issue

Try swapping ports. If you're using a USB port on the front of your case, switch it to one of the ones in the back. Sometimes Windows audio controls are overridden by proprietary controls, such as Realtek's control panel applet. If you're using a USB hub, try bypassing the hub and see if that makes any difference. You may be able to track down the issue a lot faster this way. Check your control panel for other audio applets.

Another thing you could try is to use System Restore to "restore" your computer to a time before the microphone stopped working. Sound device drivers are crucial, especially if you are running Windows Vista. Check the manufacturer of your sound device (such as Realtek, Creative, SigmaTel, etc) and visit their website for driver updates.

Many driver packages for audio devices include software that is designed to make managing your audio simpler. I reinstalled the driver and just the atapi mic appeared. That solved the problem. Some times these programs try to take over the way your audio devices are managed in Windows. Examples of this software are the Creative Mix Console and the RealTek HD Audio Manager.