Thread: What is Green PC

What is Green PC

Hello Friends,

I'm planning to buy out a new system for my personal used. I'm planning to installed Windows 7 on my new system. One of my friend had suggested me to go for Green PC. I don't have much information on Green PC. So, can any body tell me that what is Green PC? What the advantages of Green PC? Any one knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on Green PC. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: What is Green PC

Any personal computer that's low on power consumption and is environment friendly can be called a green PC. A PC especially designed to minimize power consumption. Green PCs draw less power than normal PCs and support sleep modes, in which the computer powers down all unnecessary components when it is inactive.

Though many manufacturers don't have specific products under this category, finding a green option that fulfills your requirements isn't rocket science. A PC uses 200 to 400 watts, depending on its configuration and use. A green PC should be assembled with environment friendly components. By comparison, a refrigerator uses about 725 watts, but a DVD player uses only 25 watts, and your TV is right around 100 watts. These might be built with recyclable products and must be low on energy consumption. Components that consume less energy not only save the planet but would also result in lower energy costs hence savings.

Building a green PC isn't a difficult job. Green PCs are recycled personal computers that are refurbished and repackaged into usable, Internet-ready computers, and then made available to low-income communities, individuals and community organizations. The typical computer these days contains significant amounts of lead, which is used in soldering motherboards, processors, and other parts. There are a number of components that are manufactured to be easy on the environment and when using them savings come as a byproduct. A high-performance gaming rig with a powerful graphics card, multiple hard drives and optical drives, a flash memory reader, and a 30-inch LCD might consume as much as 750 watts.

The main aspiration of Green IT is to diminish the use of harmful products while maximizing the efficiency of the system. The objectives of GreenPC is to upgrade and Internet-enable outdated computers. Once a donated computer has been refurbished, it becomes available for distribution. The Green PC is an integral ingredient of Green IT. The concept of Green IT is not very new for the IT users, but still it has not been adapted by all.