Thread: HP Multifunction Printer problems on windows 7

HP Multifunction Printer problems on windows 7

Recently i had upgraded my system form Windows Vista to Windows 7. I also have a HP multifunction printer with its "Full Feature Software solution" been installed on my system. Now the problem is that after upgrading my system to Windows 7, my HP multifunction printer had stopped working. Whenever i try to connect my printer a message pop-ups on my desktop screen stating that it can't connect to your hardware. Can any one tell me that why i'm facing HP multifunction printer problem on Windows 7? Any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: HP Multifunction Printer problems on windows 7

If the HP Full Feature Software solution or HP Basic Driver solution is not installed before the computer upgrades to Windows 7, basic printing and scanning functionality should be present. Have you checked Device Manager for any devices without their driver installed? To obtain enhanced functionality from their MFP, users can install the HP Full Feature Software solution or HP Basic Driver solution after the computer upgrades to Windows 7.

I have found that Windows 7 installs better drivers than what is available for HP Multifunction printer. You have to make sure both Windows 7 and Windows Vista use the same workgroup name. Install your printer in Windows 7, make sure it works.If you uninstall your driver and reboot, with the printer attached to your machine, Windows 7 will load a driver that is compatible.

You should be able to use the Vista x64 driver. When you install you may have to use compatibility mode for Vista and Run as admin. The issues occur when you connect printers to a local computer that has HP Solution Center installed and then you upgrade the computer to Windows 7.

In order to resolve the above issue, you need to check out the following link. Fortunately there's a new version of HP Solution Center that should get everything working again, though, and you can find out more about it at the HP support site.