Thread: HP doesn't provides Vista printer support

HP doesn't provides Vista printer support

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. I'm having Canon IP 1600 and 54200 printer. Now the problem was the my printer was not working, so i had tried to get solution from the official HP website. But i found that HP doesn't provides Vista printer support on their site. So, i would like to know that why doesn't HP provides Vista printer support? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. thanks in advance.

Re: HP doesn't provides Vista printer support

I am similarly disappointed that this troubled but durable workhorse has been abandoned by HP (after all, it is the printer mfr's responsibility to provide drivers). Similar problem with installation of 2605dn on Vista, HP website says driver on CD is latest but doesn't recognize Vista. It installed w/o CD driver, BUT I can't get double sided print to work even though it is enabled per "properties".

Windows Vista has a wizard called the Program Compatibility Wizard which can be found in the Windows Help and Support area. Unplug the device, Uninstall all drivers with device menu, then replug the device. reinstall the same drivers as above, that should work but if it doesn't message me. This wizard will set your OS to an earlier OS and allow you to install the program/software you couldn't with Vista.

Regarding the HP problem on Vista, their support page isn't applicable since it deals only with a USB connected printer. If you are using the Windows Vista operating system on your computer, please consider upgrading to a newer HP product that is supported on Windows Vista. HP has numerous products on the market that support Windows Vista.

I have asked HP technical support for this problem. They apologized for the inconvenience and frustration of not being able to use the printer with Vista, due to HP's decision to not support certain older products. For your case, you couldn't print after you unplug and then plug in the network cable. the printer icon would show "off line". However, they went on to say that it does work with older operating systems. That office needs to hear from more of us about our disappointment.