Thread: Alienware m15x laptop won't turn on

Alienware m15x laptop won't turn on

I recently deleted all the viruses from my Alienware m15x laptop, but now it won't turn on. I take the battery out wait a few seconds (30) and put it back in but no fix... Any ideas what's wrong with it, and how much will it cost me to get it fixed?

Re: Alienware m15x laptop won't turn on

Remove the battery and AC Adapter cord from alienware m15x laptop and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then, without replacing the battery try plugging in your AC Adapter to see if you get any clue. If that doesn't work, remove the AC adapter, reset the board again, and this time hold the power button down as you plug in the AC Adapter cord. If you still don't get any lights, you could try removing your memory, reset the board, replace the memory, plug in the AC Adapter, and try one more time.

You should also check that the air intakes, and the fan are clean and free of dust and hair, although the computer generally does actually start up then immediately shut down if it is a heat problem. You may or may not also hear beeping sound from your alienware m15x laptop if it's an heat issue.

Your battery charger is not charging your battery. If it was a bad battery, you would be able to turn the alienware m15x laptop on, but your battery would still be dead. In this case it sounds like your plug in transformer that powers up your pc and charges your battery at the same time has gone bad.

Try draining the alienware m15x laptop power by taking the battery out and not having it connected to the power jack then flip it over and hold the power button for about 30-40 sec then put back the battery and try to turn it on also try to find a program to test the battery life of the battery it may be dead or acting up.

Have you check the bios settings? or the CMOS battery? Other than that it sounds like maybe a short but if you can turn it on with the AC power and then remove AC power and it will run off of the battery of alienware m15x.