Thread: Motherboard locked

Motherboard locked

Hey,

I have got a new PC for my personal. And dont how the motherboard got locked up when installing a hardware to my system and it went back to the factory default mode. As i am a new to the computer technology i don't no much about it to solve the issue. So any one help me with the proper solution.

Thank you

Re: Motherboard locked

Hi,

All you need to do is to find the jumper place on your motherboard and just remove that from the original place and put it back some where next to the pin. Pin is exactly next to the jumper position which you already removed. Now remove the CMOS battery which look like watch battery but bigger in size wait for the 10 min and place it back. After placing the CMOS battery put the jumper back in the new pin and restart the system it will definitely work.

Thank you

Hi there,

If i am not wrong then you are a beginner as you stated before so you are not aware of the jumper and the CMOS battery. So its very difficult task for you to remove the jumper and CMOS battery and place it back. Most probably you will create another problem with motherboard which cost you more then before, so its better to take your motherboard to the repairing shop or contact your dealer for the same.

Hope you got the solution
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hello,

Jumper are nothing but the pins on the motherboard which is used to give the configuration support to the hardware. A jumper consist of two pin and short them using a shunt placed over the pin. The hardware is basically designed so that perform action when the pins are shorted or when it is open. Every motherboard has jumper and numbered as jp1, jp2 and so on.

Thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!