Thread: Thinkpad t60 battery not charging

Thinkpad t60 battery not charging

My thinkpad t60 laptop has been stop charging after removing the malware. In the power settings(windows xp ), I can see the battery and it says it is charging, but it remains at 0%. I tried many things, removed battery from my thinkpad t60 many times and connected it again, Windows xp only showed; ‘Plugged In Not Charging'.

Re: Thinkpad t60 battery not charging

It could be a problem in the software that reads the charging, if you unplug the power supply will it run? Right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall.(It support Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) control method batteries) On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes . Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes, after completing the hardware scan thinkpad t60 will detect battery.

Definitely sounds like a dead battery. Does Battery Get Hot? Recently there have been a spate of high profile stories in the media about laptop batteries catching fire. Make sure the laptop has been charging from the power plug for at least a few hours before attempting to unplug it.

The problem is related with the laptop's battery, laptop's AC adapter and the charger component on the laptop's motherboard. To solve the problem try this :1. Unplug AC adapter. Shutdown 2. Remove battery, Connect AC Adapter 3. Start Vista. Remove Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, 4. Shutdown, Remove AC Adapter, Install battery, Reattach AC Adapter. 5. Power up -> Now Plugin and Charging.