Thread: Clean a Screen of a laptop

Clean a Screen of a laptop

Hi,
    I want to clean up my old Laptop. It more than 2 years old. Now the model is outdated one. I need some suggestions before opening the case. First to reset my system password I will remove the CMOS Battery of the system. So should I remove the battery from my laptop when it is connected to AC supply. Is this will be fine or I will need to dismantle the battery and other power sources. The inner part are fine but what about the screen. How to open it. A friend suggested me to update firmware of my system. I think it is same like drivers for which I have the CD and the last thing I want to know how to change the assignment of a key on the keyboard by other keys. Thanks.

Re: Clean a Screen of a laptop

The new batteries (lithium-ion) are more prone to so-called memory effect (effect that causes a decrease in battery capacity) and it is therefore unnecessary to remove the batteries when you are connected to power source. You do lose a few minutes of battery per year. For older models of batteries, it is advisable to remove them to preserve your battery at full capacity, do not do that if your battery is full and if your computer is plugged into a power supply it is not secure.

The plasma screens can get dirty quickly (Fingerprints, dust, etc..), We must occasionally be cleaned. Always use a dry rag and especially not wet (unless you use products designed for this), because this would leave traces further. You must use a very soft cloth and clean to avoid scratching the screen. Before washing your screen, try to remove dust residing on the screen by blowing on them. There are screen cleaning kits on the market which are very useful in these cases and usually quite inexpensive. They usually consist of a cleaner and a very soft cloth to clean your screen optimally

A device is used by an operating system through two software layers the first one is the device driver and the second one is the firmware. The device driver provides an interface to control the operating system. This will allow software or operating system to communicate with the device. For the key assignments you can reassign keys using "Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit. The file remapkey.exe of this kit can easily assign keys to others. Two keys will be displayed and Simply slide the button to change the other.