Thread: Different types of RAM

Different types of RAM

Hi,
    I have second had computer system. I tried to add up some RAM but the seller told me that I cannot add DDR RAM in it. My motherboard does not supports the same. What is the difference between SDRAM and DDR RAM. Second thing if a error comes up that SATA drive is not recognize then what to do. Which is the best solution for fixing this issue. And what does IDE and SATA drives refer to. I am trying to boot from a second SATA drive but the computer is not recognizing the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Different types of RAM

It is noteworthy that the first boot device is set to top the list of "boot sequence" in the BIOS. If you have two hard drives on the same sheet, priority will be given in this case the master mode (master). The other must be in slave mode (slave). If you want to boot it, you have to "master" and the other "slave". You disassemble the hard drive, and you based on the label on the box, you change the jumper settings as described. Then you restart the PC, but the boot disk must contain an OS, if you need to install one!

The Serial-ATA (SATA) are sometimes not recognized by the operating system. Mainly because it is necessary to use a driver. Make sure you have installed the Serial ATA drivers that come with your motherboard so that the operating system is able to handle SATA. Otherwise, if you lost this CD, you can visit the manufacturer's hard drive and download the driver required for installation.

The DDRAM is faster than SDRAM. This difference is due to a technology different from one another. The DDRAM (Double Data Rate Random Access Memory) works on two fronts, so it is theoretically 2 times faster than SDRAM (Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory) that runs on a single clock edge. The operating frequency of DDRAM are higher than SDRAM. These 2 technologies are incompatible. You can not have both of SDRAM and DDRAM bars on the same computer.