Thread: Lenovo G550 wont power up

Lenovo G550 wont power up

Hi. This is a serious problem am facing now. My lenovo g550 laptop featured with Intel core 2 duo processor and installed with Windows 7 as the operating system do not boot up or it shows no signs of interface on the screen. I am very worried. I tried starting the system and it is not able to start. What is the problem? Please help it would be a great help from you. Thank you.

Re: Lenovo G550 wont power up

This is basically a problematic issue related with the power unit cord of your system. Have you charged your laptop. Let the laptop be charged first. You keep the laptop for charging for around 2-3 hrs. Switch off the charging button and then try to switch on the laptop. There may be a possibility that you system may have loosed charge and there is no power in it to get started. Hope it might help you.

The problem could also be with the battery in your system. The battery may have worn out due to which it does not gets charge even if your laptop is in charging mode. It might be that you have charged your laptop but still you are not able to start up your system. This is due to the fault of your battery. Hold by pressing your power button of the laptop for 15 seconds. If it still does not start up replace your battery. You can get the battery replaced from the manufacturer if its in warranty.

if you are notable to charge the system there might be two possibility of which it is happening. First is that your adapter may not be proper or might have been damaged. Try other adapter for charging. If its not the case then the second possibility can be of the power unit port may have been damaged. Check out for it. The issue may also tend of to be with the power supply cord of the laptop. If it has issues with it the power may not be passing properly to the motherboard.

Hi Humbertu,
    How did you solve the problem of your Lenovo G550 starting up?

I have the same problem. When I switch on my G550 the power light comes on but the monitor never lights up and no start up screen. The screen just remains black. the lights for Caps lock and Num lock also dont change. volume lights change when you touch the volume tab.

I am very worried. Please let me know if you had a similar issue and if you manage to find a solution.

Did you tried to clean boot the system. If your not getting it work with any other solution then i will advise you to ask lenovo for the help regarding the issue as they an only help you with the same. I will also advise you to reinstall the complete OS and see whether this is working for you or nor.

hello! did you fix the problem?
    I have the same here!! laptop just turn on, cd make a noise, volume leds are "on" but no video at all
    thanks for your advice!

If your device is not booting up and it is under warranty period then i will advise you to contact the dealer regarding the issue and ask them to fix the issue. If you are under warranty period then it will fix without charging you. Also it is advisable that you should take out the battery and keeps it as it is for 15 to 20 minutes and then again replace the same in and see whether this is working with the issue or not.

question Re: Lenovo G550 wont power up

See i knew i am not the only person facing this prob.... Please suggest solution as i have tried every bit of options i had except the Service Centre..
    1 HDD and RAM reseating done
    2 Holding power button for 60 Sec without power and battery..done
    3 Power testing from adaptor--Ok Done
    4 Battery checked--Ok -- Done
    5 Prayers - Done
    6 Tech forum - Pending
    7 Service Centre - Pending