Thread: CD Unable to Detect while Booting

CD Unable to Detect while Booting

Hi, I have Sony CD writer and it is working well. But is not detecting cd while booting Windows Xp operating system. I want to format my computer and reinstall windows xp. But I am getting error of cd as it is not detecting at the time of booting. The message which ask you "Press any key to Boot from cd...." is not getting. Please help me. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: CD Unable to Detect while Booting

Hi, I think your cd is unable to detect while booting is due to the boot list specification. It may be possible that your cd writer is not in the boot list. So, at time of booting it is not searching for the cd drive and so it is not getting any bootable media into the cd drive. So, it is not giving you the message of the Boot from cd drive. Or it may also possible that your priority of the booting for the cd drive is second. So, it first search for the hard drive and if finds an operating system in it, so it does not search for further. So, just check your BIOS setting and try again.

Hi, I think you need to check connection of the CD writer. I was getting same problem as you to unable to detect cd while booting. My cd writer is working well, but due to some reason it is not detecting for some time when it restarts. I don't know how this error had occurred, but for just R&D I changed my cd drives cable and my problem got solved. I think, it may possible that you are getting same problem and can be solved with the help of new one cable. Just try this.

Hi, you cd is unable to detect while booting. It can be possible that, the cd which you are inserting at the time of booting is not a bootable cd. Due to which it is not getting any bootable media inside your cd drive and it is not giving you message of 'boot from cd'. So, just change the cd which you are inserting into the cd drive and check whether it is working or not. If you are getting same problem then use someone's drive for making format and use your's for regular purpose.