Thread: printer not detected by the OS

printer not detected by the OS

Hello, My computer is not detecting the printer. I am using windows 7 operating system. I am using HP printer and the model number is HP psc 1500. I hav the installation CD. But when i try to install the software then the error message comes showing that it is incompatible. Suggest me any idea to resolve this problem.

Re: printer not detected by the OS

If you are facing the problem with your printer connection with your computer then first try out this method Right click on My Computer and select Properties then click on Device Manager tab. Select Universal serial bus controller and then click on the left side ie "+" icon. Now you will find USB Root Hub. If it is showing there then it is ok. And if not showing there then some problem is there. Connect to other ports and try may be it will work. If printer is not detected by computer then install the driver software.

Like you said previously the printer was detected by your computer system. I suggest you that first try the system restore method. Restore your computer system on the date and time when the printer was working properly with your computer. Get into the control panel and select maintenance after this select system restore. Choose the date and time from the list available. It will take sometime to restore settings and after that the system will restart automatically.

If it shows that the software is incompatible. Then this software is not compatible with the windows 7 operating system. You can check it with on the software CD. It is written on the CD about the compatibility with the operating systems. If it does not support windows 7 then you can upgrade your driver from device manager. Go to device manager and select the printer from the hardware list and right click on it and select update driver option. This option will download and install driver for printer automatically.