Thread: AC Adapter problem

AC Adapter problem

I had installed Windows Xp on my machine. Now the problem is that whenever i plug in my adapter i need to wiggle it a lot, or else it will not turn on. I can see my battery at 0%, but the computer doesn't show the thing is been plugged and also its not going into hibernate cause its at 0%. Can any one tell me that is it the ac adapter or the internal machine problem? Does any body knows about it? Please help me to get rid of the above issue. Thanks.

Re: AC Adapter problem

If not it may not work. If so, there may be something wrong with the adapter and it is failing. Within the body of the connector is a small contact switch that changes the connection from battery to AC adapter. Or, there is a problem with the plug (port) on the MB, or path thereafter. Any popping sound you heard may have been that switch arcing a bit. This may have depositied a bit of carbon on the contacts and is causing a reduced voltage now being supplied.

You will have to start some kind of test to prove some issue. It's more likely caused from people pulling on the cord instead of the plug too often, or pulling it out at an angle, not poor design. Could it be that there is some connector issue that is causing this? I guess they could be the wrong one's and that is why they fail. Could be the battery is not in the socket exactly or some charging issue.

Power supply is a reference to a source of electrical power. Check your system properties and see what type of network adapter you have installed and search for a driver for that piece of hardware. Are you referring to the cord that goes from the wall outlet to the AC adapter? If so, it would most likely be much less cost to replace the cord if it is the cause of the problem.