Thread: Discs burned with Sony dvd writer unplayble

Discs burned with Sony dvd writer unplayble

Hi. Well I have a Sony Dvd 22x double layer writer in my desktop system. The problem is when I burn any discs from my drive it writes it successfully without any problem. But when I play those discs into my DVD player they are unplayable. I use Nero 9 as my burning tool software. What could be the issue. Is the problem related to my software or hardware? Please help. Thank you.

Re: Discs burned with Sony dvd writer unplayble

Hello. The problem generally could be with your dvd player. Its not that your dvd player is damaged or have gone corrupt. The reason can be the incompatibility of its file support or the type of file you are trying to play may not supported by the player. This is a kind of problem which generally many do face. Check the manual for your dvd player. Play the discs whose extension it supports.

Well you may have not set the correct speed while writing the disc. Generally people tend to do mistakes while writing that they do not specify the speed or may have mistakenly specified maximum speed it can write. The discs are not very compatible of writing it with the maximum limit. There is possibility that it can write the disc but no assurance that the disc might work then. You need to specify the speed while writing a disc. The ideal speed to burn discs are as follows:

CD : 24X speed
    CD-RW : 8X speed
    DVD : 8X
    DVD-RW : 4X.

Hi. The problem basically tends to be with the format of the file you are burning the disc to. If its an mp3 file and you are creating or writing the disc into any format, it is likely to happen such problem that your player is not able to recognize the disc as the extension may not in its feature. You need to burn the disc to the file supported by your dvd player in order to make your Compact disc playable.