Thread: SSD Vs Raptor

SSD Vs Raptor

I am running windows vista on my system and i want to change my hard disk. Can i put windows vista on 32gb SSD and WD Raptor. I also wanted to know the difference between WD Raptor and SSD . Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: SSD Vs Raptor

How much storage are you looking for? The SSD's can be fast, but in some benchmarks the Raptors are faster. An SSD is commonly composed of DRAM volatile memory or primarily NAND flash non-volatile memory.[ And the cost/performance ratio is better with the Raptor.

The Western Digital Raptor (often marketed as WD Raptor) is a series of high performance hard disk drives produced by Western Digital. Western Digital's Raptor line of high performance hard drives has been a long-time favorite of PC. A solid-state drive (SSD) is a data storage device that uses solid-state memory to store persistent data. These flash memory-based SSDs, also known as flash drives, do not require batteries.

The Raptor is a strong performer in the sequential read test as it supplies the system with 35% more data than the Hitachi and Seagate drives. Solid state drives aren't anything new; they've just been very expensive for much of their existence. The burst speed tests the effectiveness of the memory cache sub-system and measures the speed of the hard drive and controller interface. Compared to traditional hard disk drives, Intel SSDs are significantly more responsive, much more reliable, have lower power consumption and are completely quiet.