Thread: Restart unanswered by Aspire V3925 Desktop

Restart unanswered by Aspire V3925 Desktop

I have a Aspire V3925 desktop computer. I have just purchased it a few days ago. But already I am having some issues with it. When I install any software and then there is a message box asking to restart the computer, that time even after I click on 'OK' the computer doesnot restarts. No error messages are displayed. Even when I select to manually restart it does not restarts. Why is this happening. I have installed Windows Vista on it. And I am using a Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU.

Re: Restart unanswered by Aspire V3925 Desktop

The reason might be that your Windows Vista has been corrupted in some way. I also experienced the same on my Dell desktop. When I wanted to re-boot my desktop it would take much more time then the time taken to boot-in. I initially did not gave it much importance but then I was almost unable to re-boot my desktop most of the time. Try to install some other operating system and see if still the problem persists.

I also had a similar problem with my Acer laptop after downloading some media player from the internet. After I installed that media played my computer would start in almost same time as it used to do earlier but when I used to switch it off it would take extremely long time to turn-off. Restart was almost impossible even when done by selecting the restart option from the start menu and even when I manually pressed the restart button. The problem was a trojan. What you can do is boot your system into Safe Mode and then scan your Aspire desktop to remove any torjan - virus that may be causing the problem.

As I see it there might be an issue with your Windows Installation. Might be that the Windows Vista was not installed properly on your machine. On might be the Windows Vista CD was corrupted which you used to install your opearting system. Try to install Vista from same CD on another machien, if doesnot then the CD has gone bad. But if it works then might be it was not properly installed. So you need to un-install Vista and do a re-installation of Vista.