Thread: What file formats are supported by audio cd player

What file formats are supported by audio cd player

Hi,I have an old "Technics" CD player which works well and I don't want to change with new one because it's sound is really good.I have an old Compaq desktop computer .I love to download music from internet and love to listen.Recently I download some new mp3 songs from the internet and I write CD with that songs .When I insert that CD on my "Technics" CD player to listen music The Technics player does not play them and nothing show in display.I don't know why this happened.Is any problem in my "Technics" CD player.
    Please help me.
    Last edited by Omaar; 19-11-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Re: What file formats are supported by audio cd player

As per your information your CD player is old and it only play wma format because when your CD player was made the songs were played in only few format like wma ,So your CD player is made to play only that songs that are in wma format.As you said that you try to play CD that has songs in mp3 format then your CD player obviously can't recognize that type of format. This is a reason why your "Technics" CD player unable to play CD.
    Last edited by Hardwareman; 19-11-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Hey don't worry about it.You can write audio CD without any third party software.You can make audio CD with your Windows Media player.It is simple way to make audio CD.All you have is one blank CD.But make sure that it is not re-writable because that CD can not be play by your "Technics" CD player.

Hey you can make audio CD with third party software like nero or you can make audio CD with windows media player .you need to use a cd-r and not a cd-rw the rw is rewriteable and takes a stronger laser to read the disc and most cd players refuse to play this media type. I would suggest you to try nero for its buffer underun protection for slower computer's that cannot keep the buffer for your cd burner full.
    I hpoe this will help you.