Thread: Time warner cable modem error

Time warner cable modem error

I am trying to access internet through time warner cable modem, i have installed windows xp on my computer. When i try to connect internet it shows an error message " Error 678 "The remote computer did not respond". What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Re: Time warner cable modem error

Disconnect the cable that goes from the computer to time warner cable modem. Turn off the modem. If the modem does not have a power switch, disconnect the power supply from the modem. Wait two minutes.Turn on the modem, and then connect the cable that goes from the computer to the modem.

There is a problem at your ISP or in the telephone network, Your time warner cable modem is unable to handshake with remote modem before allotted time. If the modem is an external and is not powered on when the system is booted this error may occur.

If you have a broadband connection and are getting this error, it generally means that your TCP/IP stack is corrupted and needs to be restored. Some firewalls such as Norton personal firewall or ZoneAlarm may affect Internet connectivity for computers running on Windows XP. You may try to resolve the error by uninstalling these firewalls and reinstalling them later, so make sure you have the backup for these firewalls before uninstalling them.