Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Front panel Usb ports not able to detect GigaBank 120GB hdd

Hardware Peripherals

Old 18-11-2009

Front panel Usb ports not able to detect GigaBank 120GB hdd

Hi. I have an Intel Pentium 4 processor desktop system with Windows Xp service pack 2 as the operating system installed in it. The problem I am facing is with the front panel USB ports Of my machine. The thing is I have bought GigaBank 120GB a new External portable hard disk drive. When I connect it to my front panel usb port it does not get recognize or detect. Please give me a solution for the thing.

Old 18-11-2009

Re: Front panel Usb ports not able to detect GigaBank 120GB hdd

Hello. The problem is quite normal with many of the front panels usb ports of different system. It is been noticed that front panel USB ports don't have enough juice for high-power device as external devices with a high capacity. You need to check the compatibility of the drive with your system. If it does matches then it should work. Try using other port.
Old 18-11-2009

Hi. The problem basically lies with the compatibility of the hard drive with the system. It might be quite obvious that your device is new and has some features in order to get recognize by the system. Check the features required by the hard drive. There might be a possibility that your operating system might not have the drivers for the new device. Install them first. Try it out.
Old 18-11-2009

Well the port might also be a reason. Many of the new devices require USB 2.0 port for working with smoother function. As USB 2.0 has more connectivity and faster data rate transfer. Check out the port and try plugging your device ti the USB 2.0 port. It might work then. Also if it doe not work then either check your the data cable cord. It might not be proper.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,