Thread: Laptops Sata hard drive on Lg CM312A desktop possible?

Laptops Sata hard drive on Lg CM312A desktop possible?

Hi. I have a Lg CM312A Desktop system with Intel core 2 duo processor and Windows 7 as the operating system installed in it. I wanted to know whether it is possible to connect laptops hard drives into my desktop machine by any possible way or sense without causing any damage to the drives or system. I had a laptop and it is not working but the hard drives are perfectly alright. Please guide. Thank you.
    Last edited by Gabrieel; 18-11-2009 at 04:19 PM.

Re: Laptops Sata hard drive on Lg CM312A desktop possible?

Well I really do not know whether it is possible to do so. You can contact to your local dealer or the manufacturer whether it is possible to do so. You can hire an Engineer expert and ask him the necessary steps to be done or he will do the things for you. It also depends on the type of connectors of your system must contain in order to connect the drive to the desktop machine. Check out.

Hello. It is quite very possible to connect your laptop hard drives to the desktop machine. You need to check for the necessary things. Firstly check the type of connector your laptop drive needs and what your system possess. Also you can purchase a laptop conversion kit adapter which contains PCB(printed circuit board) and a 40pin IDE connector. Connect it and make the settings done in BIOS.

Hi. The connection can be done by following the procedures. Open up the laptop and remove the HDD. Check the laptop hard drives interface is “IDE” or “SATA”. As you have said it as SATA then connect Ide adaper to the laptops hard drives port. After that connect the Sata cable of the laptop hard drive to the motherboard IDE sata connector. Then go to bios settings and automatically detect the hard drives. Good luck.