Thread: Dell 2.4GHz Pentium 4 system heats up very quickly

Dell 2.4GHz Pentium 4 system heats up very quickly

Hi. I have an old Dell desktop. The configuration for the system is 2.4Ghz processor with 512Mb ram. It has been loaded with Windows XP as operating system. The problem is that my system do gets heat up very quickly. Whenever I try to play any games or use an application it starts getting to heat up and heats at a tremendous speed. Please give me a solution. What has to be done? Thank you.

Re: Dell 2.4GHz Pentium 4 system heats up very quickly

Hi.The configuration you mentioned is totally outdated. It is very old and requires an upgradation. The application and games that is been designed is for the compatibility of the modern system. Every single application designed is developed with the prospect of implementation of modern technologies keeping in mind. The programs you are using might be very heavy and bulk. Upgrade your system.

You need to install extra cooling fans into your system. Your system might be heating up due to no air pass or ventilation to your CPU. You need to attach extra fans into your system. It might help you out. The fans would cool up your system and the motherboard if it is getting overloaded. Most of the time the heating up of the system is due to overloaded programs or application. Keep the track.

Hi. This issue can be resolved by doing some necessary aspects. You need to add thermal paste on your motherboard and the heat sink of your system. It will help you out in cooling the system and will restrict your system to get heated up quickly. You need to clean the fan in order to give proper cooling. As far as the upgradation is concerned you need to upgrade your system to atleast Intel core 2 duo processor with a 2Gb ram.