Thread: System crashes when inserting CD RW

System crashes when inserting CD RW

Hi, I recently had this problem ,Whenever I insert a writable or rewritable CD into my LG Multi DVD/CD burner/ROM, my windows XP system just crashes ,It is not immediately , it takes its time to analyze the disc, and at the point it should rev up, the desktop goes blank, and my computer restarts. If I leave the CD in the drive, it will repeat the process once XP re-boots up again untill I take that CD out.
    I've buy my computer for almost 2 year now. It Worked fine with the first writable disc that I put in which led me to think all was well, it wasn't until about a month after I bought it that It began to crash after inserting writable discs.

Re: when Inserting RW CD system crashes

In your problem you doesn't specify which software you used.There are two examples of DVD buring software like Burnmyfiles and Nero.These are third party software.There are possibility that that cd may corrupted or damage try inserting new one.If the problem still exits then there may be some problem in your DVD/CD burner. If the computer is starting and running OK when you start it with the cd disk then try restoring the computer to the earliest date before this started happening. START-> HELP AND SUPPORT ->RESTORE ->Restore computer to an earlier date.

Before replacing or re-pairing dvd writer First check following things
    1.Disable the AutoRun setting.
    2.Try each drive individually as master just to make sure the hardware is still working properly.
    3.update the motherboard drivers or use dvd burner in other computer.
    4.Or there may be some jumper problem, if you have have any friend who know hardware well then tell him to check.

As per your problem I think it is happened due to connection to your dvd writer.is your drive ejecting the cd and normally? Just check the cables connection within the case, make sure your PC is turned off while you open case and touch the cables.(disconnect them and plug as it is).
    if it doesn't work then your dvd has to be replace,if you have warranty of dvd take advantage of it.