Thread: Letters on the keyboard typing as numbers

Letters on the keyboard typing as numbers

Hi,
    My Dell Laptops keyboard is acting really wired, whenever i type any letter from keyboard it comes in number, , random numbers comes for each letter. I don't know because what its happening , i haven't made any changes to my windows xp recently. Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: Letters on the keyboard typing as numbers

Which Dell Laptop you are using? I think this problem is happening because of wrong selection of keyboard layout. You can try by changing the language selection in Regional and Language Options, to do this go to Start->Settings->Control Panel then select on Regional and Language Options and just check if English is selected in Regional Options tab. After this go to Languages tab -> Details button, check keyboard is having selection of US in it.

First up all you have to see or to make sure that the Num Lock is not on.If your keyboard is typing numbers instead of letters.It is a common problem occurs on a laptop and computer,as you turn off the Num Lock key and if it not work then use the manual for the information how to tackle the problem by the step given in the manual, If not work check weather the instruction given in the manual is proper or not by the manufacturer’s website how to off the Num Lock.

you have to see weather the language in your keyboard is in english or in other language. To check this go to option control panel and click language options.Then you click on the language tab then you select the perfect language as English. Most of them face the same problem in their pc or laptop. To come out off the above problem, make sure that the Num LOck key is off in your pc. I am sure that this will end up your keyboard problem.