Thread: ASUS K8V Deluxe doesn't detects Sata2 hard disk

ASUS K8V Deluxe doesn't detects Sata2 hard disk

I have installed Samsung 250 GB SATA2 HDD on Asus K8V motherboard but unfortunately it is not recognized by BIOS, provided that it works properly because I have connected and partitioned on another pc. So I proceeded to put the jumper, but nothing changes. Tried to connect it alone and together with an IDE disk and then to update the bios, but unfortunately the story is the same.

I wanted to install Windows XP, but given the situation I install ide then from there on I've updated the bios and installed the drivers found on the Asus website but unfortunately despite evidence does not want to see my HDD!
    Maybe it's a trivial due to some bad option set in the bios!

Is it that my Asus K8V motherboard is incompatible with Sata2 hard drives?

Re: ASUS K8V Deluxe doesn't detects Sata2 hard disk

Did you checked if the SATA options is enabled in the BIOS? Have you tried another SATA cable? Have you tried to change the power connector? Well I guess that your hard drive is on the master mode, try to set the jumper to slave mode and then see what happens.

I tinkered and made some more tests, but nothing good. I am not very clear exactly how to set the bios. I read the guide that the motherboard integrates 20378th RAID and the Promise RAID controller integrated by VT8237 and depending on what I want to use exchange attacks. In the BIOS entries for the Serial ATA I set this:
    onchip SATA Boot ROM: Enabled
    onboard promise controller: enabled
    -operating mode: I have tried both IDE RAID with both onboard operated mode

with onboard IDE mode when you made the scan disc but I find it just as well not see him because when I try to install xp tells me that there are media related.

If it is recognized in the bios you are riding. Give yourself a floppy/pen drive (if you recognize it) with the SATA controller driver for XP. When all beginning of the installation asks if you search for drivers for SCSI controller or similar you need to give those inserted in the floppy / pen drive.

Find the driver you need http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

Select Xp (I imagine both XP) and download the driver V1.00.0.26 Driver Promise SATA378 (ATA mode), under the IDE menu.
    Prepare a floppy with the request and press the damn F6

I solved! thank you Terrextre for giving me the correct drivers. I guess it was just the choice of the driver problem!

However, I had reached out to other problems: I had to install XP Home Edition SP2 and that always gave me errors when loading from CD, to file. SYS corrupted .. instead using the CD of XP Pro went fine even during the stages of installations that gave me a message by the driver in question did not pass the compatibility test windows logo ...

well, the important thing now is solved!