Thread: dvd unplayable On Lite on DVD drives

dvd unplayable On Lite on DVD drives

Hi. I have a Lite-on dvd RW rom of model no SHM-165H6S. The problem is whenever i try to play a dvd from the rom it does not recognizes it and shows as nothing is inserted in the rom. But when i insert Compact disc it recognizes it and plays as well. It used to read DVD's before but now it is not. Can you tell me why? Please provide me with the solution. Thank you.

Re: dvd unplayable On Lite on DVD drives

Well as you are not able to play Dvd on your Lite-on dvd drive the reason might be that your lens of your Dvd might have got corrupted or damaged. The reason for this can be reading scratched discs and playing disc for a long time. U need to replace the lens of your drive in order to playback Dvds on your Rom. This would help you out and you may satisfactorily enjoy playing Dvd.

The lens of your Dvd drive might have definitely gone corrupt. Instead of replacing your lens of the drive try out a Lens cleaner solution for cleansing the lens of your drive. This may work for you as the lens might have got some scratches due to which it is unable to read Dvds. With the solution you might be be able to clean up the scratches and your Dvd may work well and fine.

Well one of the other reason can also be that if you are trying to run Dvds which are not proper or to say they have scratches on them it would also not let you to play the discs. Try playing Dvds which do not have any scratches or are original Dvds. If it still do not work then your lens has to be replaced or it would be more better you buy a new one.