Thread: Asus x83v laptop won't boot

Asus x83v laptop won't boot

I recently got asus x83v laptop and i have installed windows xp on asus x83v. The problem is when start my laptop it'll beep once in bios the hdd and fan comes on but i get a black screen on my laptop. There is no problem with power because caps lock and numlock leds are on it display light after switch on.

Re: Asus x83v laptop won't boot

Soon as your asus x83v laptop boots start pressing f-12 then reboot from last known good configuration, if that does not work then try to boot in safe mode you should scan your computer for viruses and spy ware, you should also try to do a system restore. Did you download anything or change anything on your computer before you started to have this problem.

It could be several tings but it sounds more like a software issue than hardware. You didn't mention what you may have been using for security software. First thing to check with a laptop is always whether it is over heating. Many laptops will admit a beep when overheating and then shut down.

Does the asus x83v laptop start up normally, If the OS boots, unless you are dealing with a noise issue, the problem you're having is either software related or an accumulation of errors on the drive. If it is less than a year old, it is still under warranty, and you can ship it back to Asus to make them repair it.