Thread: Canon LiDE25 scanner issue on Windows 7

Canon LiDE25 scanner issue on Windows 7

I have a Canon LiDE25 scanner. Recently i had installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 on my system. It has been running fine ever since I installed it last Spring, but this morning when I booted the PC the scan wizard window didn't pop-up. I cannot open the window. I uninstalled and re-installed but no luck. Can any body tell me that why does i'm facing Canon LiDE25 scanner issue on Windows 7? Does any body knows about it? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Canon LiDE25 scanner issue on Windows 7

There are many windows updates due to problems somewhere, not to mention security issues, therefore it is not uncommon for certain files to get corrupted or simply removed due to other programs being uninstalled that may also be sharing the file. The issue of a damaged OS doesn't belong to HP or Microsoft. For their part they will instruct to install the OS again, then drivers and finally the product in question. Right or wrong, the repair of an OS is far too costly today. For that issue that's Microsoft's.

Uncommon for certain files to get corrupted or simply removed due to other programs being uninstalled that may also be sharing the file. Have you tried the Vista drivers? If you used their install CD and it worked then did something other than ADD REMOVE SOFTWARE then you have done something they would never expect an owner to do. The fact that you installed the latest driver and it works should be enough.

Open Registry Editor, search for "STIProxyEvent". There you should find keys for your scanner on your particular system. I had similar problem with my Canon scanner not recognized and found the solution by looking at my VISTA Windows folder and then selecting the twain_32 folder and copy it. Then go to your Windows 7 windows folder and paste it there. Scanner worked just fine after that.