Thread: Error Code 0x80020025 : The disc could not be used because the disc drive is not supported

Error Code 0x80020025 : The disc could not be used because the disc drive is not supported

Hello everyone,

I searched a lot but I found nothing related in this forum so is that here is the question: I have a G3 and insert a blank cd I get the The disc could not be used because the disc drive is not supported (0x80020025) and I could not fix it. Someone knows what to do and certainly what it say's ????

Re: Error Code 0x80020025 : The disc could not be used because the disc drive is not supported

If your Mac os x 10.2, you want to download and apply the Mac OS X 10.3.9 Combo Update. Run Disk Utility> Repair Permissions before and after. You can also see if Superdrive Firmware Update applies to your model iMac. But first, check your iMac's serial number against the ranges listed in the Repair Extension Program for Video and iMac with feeding problems.

Re: Error Code 0x80020025 : The disc could not be used because the disc drive is not supported

You can use the Mac OS X Install disc to run Disk Utility> Repair Disk, as described in Using Disk Utility and fsck. Take note of any error, and if the repairs are reported, then run Repair Disk until it obtains a certificate of good health (or becomes apparent that Disk Utility can not repair, in which case zero can be repeated and try to install or DiskWarrior.

If you're trying to burn a CD or DVD, you get an error 0x80020025 when you insert the blank disc, the solution is the following: Click the Apple menu (top left) and select Force Quit. 'In the application list, select "Finder" and click "Restart." Re-insert the blank CD or DVD and should work fine. Now for the details .... apparently there is a bug in caching which makes the Tiger Finder sometimes forget that you have a SuperDrive attached. Restarting the Finder problem disappears.

If this does not solve the problem starting while holding down the Command + Option + O + F keys Then enter the Open Firmware reset-nvram followed by the return key then type reset-all followed by the return key and see if it recognizes the CD combo drive. If all else fails, the return of the PowerBook G3 back to the agency where you bought it and let them take responsibility for solving the problem with the unit does not recognize data CDs.