Thread: No Audio Device Found on Windows 7

No Audio Device Found on Windows 7

Recently i had bought a new Compaq Presario sr5110nx laptop. On that i had installed Windows 7 as my operating system. Everything works great except I don't have a audio device on my system. I had even installed a sound card on my system. I get a speaker pop whenever i connect my speakers but nothing happens after that. So, can any body tell me that why is shows no audio device found on Windows 7? Does any body knows about this issue? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: No Audio Device Found on Windows 7

The high definition audio device you can see is actually on your graphics card and turning it off will give more performance. It should detect the chipset if it is properly placed. If you see the screen you'll see I found drivers for 64bit 7 (if your running 32bit you'll have to change it).

Does device manager show the audio drivers as working correctly? The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware. I had to locate and download new sound drivers to get rid of error messages in my administrative logs. If you uninstalled audio software without restarting your PC, restart now, then run this setup again.

Depending on the type of sound being onboard or a separate expansion card the first place to look would be in the device manager for anything under "other devices". There must be another fix to replacing the onboard sound card. It was working fine before installing Windows 7. The initial problem where Windows fails to detect one or the other is rather commonly seen.

Windows uses 'autoexec.NT'. I'm not sure that is going to offer much help with a Windows sound driver. You will probably need to go to your soundcard manufacturer's website and get the Windows 7 drivers from them. Device Manager should tell you who made the sound card. Your Windows 7 'Device Manager' in Control Panel will list your sound device, and allow you to update the driver.