Thread: CD/DVD-ROM Drives -DEAD?

CD/DVD-ROM Drives -DEAD?

First Problem: The Orignal CD-ROM Drive (NR-9300A) that came with my Dell Precision 340, tray wont even open and wont detect. I have unplugged it and restarted the computer, shutdown and plugged it back in and restarted. Nothing!

Second Problem: The Philips DVD+RW (DVD8601) Shows up in my computer, says it is working properly. But When i load a CD or DVD, nothing happens, now once in a while this drive will detect the cd/dvd that is placed in the drive and my autoplay options pop up, but then when i try to do something it freezes and nothing happens.

Extra: I was using WinXP, Just upgraded to Win7 Ultimate. no problems whats so ever. It detected everything, installed correct drivers, etc. I have used the DVD+RW drive to watch a movie. Then i was loooking thru my old disks, labeled "music files" the disk is a CD-RW, i placed it in the DVD-ROM drive. And that was it. since i have tried to load this CD-ROM, my drives no longer work!!!!

plz help! i have looked on dell, philips websites, cant really find an answer.

CD/DVD-ROM Drives -DEAD?

For your first problem i would say that your Original CD-ROM Drive which had came with Dell Precision 340 is not working, i would suggest you to take it to Dell service center and get it replaced and for Philips DVD+RW it seems that there is some issue with this drive to, but before going ahead i would suggest you to check put your cable and connection are they properly connected because this might be also one reason for your drive not getting detected.