Thread: Computer Shut Down Suddenly

Computer Shut Down Suddenly

Hi
    Still last week my computer was running without any problems, but now my computer shuts down suddenly . My PC turns of with out giving any warning message. I can't immediately restart my computer, it shuts down in seconds. After a break of half an hour it can run for few minutes. My computer is three years old. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Please help.

Re: Computer Shut Down Suddenly

I think it is an over heating problem. Please check the power supply fans and CPU to make sure they are running at full speed. You might need a good cleaning out. Please do not a vacuum cleaner for cleaning the computer, it may damage you hardware. Or you can take you computer to a hardware store and check the hardware are functionally working or not. May be your heat sink coil is not working. The computer is not cooling properly. Check for the hardware your problem will be solved.

Hi
    How long does it take to shut down? What is the status of the lights in on the front panle of the computer. I your computer down not shuts down immediately and takes a little time to shut down, then I think it is the CPU problem. If it shuts down at regular intervals, then there is a problem in the main board. If it shuts down randomly (no time consideration) then you can take out unnecessary add ons, hard drivers etc. when you take these out and the pc stays on then you know you need a psu.

Thanks for both of you.
    After checking CPU and PSU fans, I found that the PSU fan was running well, but CPU fans occasionally stopped running during the power on. But when I cleaned the fans the phenomenon did not occur again. computer stays on for a long time now, but after that its shuts down. I think this might be a hardware problem, which I am going to check next week.