Thread: Sony DRU DVD writer opens-closes on its own

Sony DRU DVD writer opens-closes on its own

I am using a HP Pavilion Desktop. It consists of 2GB RAM, 320GB Hard Disk, Intel Core 2 Duo processor. It has a Sony DRU model DVD writer. This was working fine till two weeks ago. But now I am having problem with the Sony DVD writer. The tray on its own opens and closes when I am burning a CD or DVD. Earlier it just happened once or twice, but since last week I am not able to even read a CD as it opens as soon as it closes and then sometimes even while playing games the DVD gets ejected on its own. What to do ?

Re: Sony DRU DVD writer opens-closes on its own

There are some Virus/Malware that may be responsible for this behaviour of your Sony DVD writer. Boot your desktop in Safe Mode.
    Booting in SafeMode:
    Restart your deaktop > Keep tapping the F8 Key (to get the mode selection screen) > Using the arrow key select Safe Mode.
    In this mode the processor makes use of minimum programs to load. Third party programs are usually disabled in this mode.
    Now try to run a Virus/Malware scan of the entire dektop.

The are certain drivers that are necessary for your DVD RW to function efficiently. If the are corrupted or bymistakenly been uninstalled or have been unknowlingly deleted then your DVD RW will not function properly. Try to first check whether the drivers are present or not. Uninstall them completely and re-install those drivers of your Sony DVD RW using the CD provided. I was using a Lite-On DVD RW and unknowinkly unistalled those drivers which then caused my DVD RW to halt.

There can be many reasons for it. For instance there are Viruses that may be causing it or drivers of the Sony DVD writer might have been uninstalled/deleted. Also might be the tray is not been getting closed properly. Its better you consult your computer technician. He will be the right person to help you sort this out. Always keep your PC installed with Anti Virus, eg: AVG, Norton, AVAST, etc.