Thread: External hard disk Bad sectors

External hard disk Bad sectors

hi
    I i bought 3 month ago 1 Terrabyte Iomega external hard disk.Then I put movies from PC on it so I can play it on TV but I have noticed that occasionally while watching movies film get blocked. so tried with HDTune about 92% and it is not damage .what should i do looks like bad sectors ?
    thanks

Re: External hard disk Bad sectors

Read your TV manual first for supported format that can play on your tv also check that which partition format work better as there is some device which not accept Ntfs file format so working under ntfs may be cause problem where Fat32 is supported bye most devices without problem.

I had bought an external HDD from Western Digital and that was super slow and often gave up copying errors. After a good session format my problem is solved. Maybe this is the same case with you . I think this is just bad luck. Iomega is still best because good drives. so just try complete through format for External hard disk.

Normal CHKDSK utility provided by Windows Operating System may help to detect and mark for bad sectors. During a surface scan, it attempts to write data to that sector and then read back what it wrote. If the two do not match, the sector is marked as bad as it does not maintain data integrity.
    1. Right click on my computer and select Properties
    2. Go to Tools tab.
    3. Click on the "Check Now" button under "Error Checking Status".
    4. Depending up on your choice, choose either "Automatically fix file system errors" or "Scan for and Attempt Recovery of Bad Sectors."
    5. Then click on Start.

check here for more Hard disk bad sector recovery and How to fix bad sectors or clusters on hard drive ?

try HDD Regenerator to repair your usb hard drive! This software was indeed able to detect bad sector repair and physically. It works on disks without partitions unformatted and supports NTFS and FAT 32.A diskette and a bootable CD is also possible to easily start the repair process.