Thread: Disabling Pendrive from System

Disabling Pendrive from System

I am using a desktop machine and the it is been installed with Windows Xp. The thing that I want to know is that I need to work well that is by restricting the users to work or process using Pen drive. Please help me out so that I can make the appended changes to be performed well which will be better and then get the implementation well to be functioned. Please help me out by getting the task to be achieved.

Re: Disabling Pendrive from System

There is a better way through which you can make the implementation that is required. So in order to perform well for the change. All you need to do is to check out by performing the task that is function well by looking out the steps that is given as below:

1. All you need to do is to open the start buton
    2. Now in the searchbox you then need to type regedit
    3. Click on OK buton after youy have typed the same
    4. Now you need to locate tge registry key that is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsbStor
    5. You may then get a right pane where you need to double click start
    6. In the Value data box, type 4, click Hexadecimal (if it is not already selected), and then click OK.
    7. Quit Registry Editor after processing the task well that is assisted.

Do perform the the above mentioned steps and get the Drive or the port to be blocked so that no user would then be able to work with Pen Drive

In order to make or process out well for the desired change which will surely help you out well for making the thing to be implemented for the change as needed. All you need to do is to perform a task that is been mentioned above. Some changes will be taken into consideration that is required. The change will take effect immediately to block any USB mass storage device such as USB flash drive, USB key and portable hard disk from been used in the system, while still allowing hardware components to work properly via USB connection. The hack works in most Windows operating system such as Windows Vista, XP, Windows Server 2008, 2003 and 2000. For user who dare not to modify the registry manually, simply download the following registration entries file to enable or disable the USB drive. I hope the suggestion will surely help you out and make the most out of it to get processed for the change. This will be better for you and make the implementation thing to get worked. I hope the best way through which you can function the change well which will be helpful for you that is required.

Making the thing to get it regained or work with the USB device or the port to be able to process for the change. There are certain steps which needs to be performed well that is by following the steps that is needed. So check out is given as below:

• All you need to do is to open the Start menu,
    • Now click on the Run option that is mentioned.
    • Check for thesearchbox and type regedit, and then click OK.
    • You then need to navigate or locate thefollowing registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsbStor
    • In the right pane, double-click Start.
    • In the Value data box, type 3, click Hexadecimal (if it is not already selected), and then click OK.
    • You then need to Quit Registry Editor

So get the desired aspect to be functioned well which is processed and performed. Work well.

For another aspect which can be easily worked well that is you need to get some application to be processed or downloaded and work accordingly. The application that is DisableUSBDrive.reg and EnableUSBDrive.reg. You need top download with the thing which will be better. So then process for the change. You have to extract the downloaded content in .ZIP format, and then double click on the .REG file to open and apply or merge the registry values to system. Other than the concerned or discussed aspect there is another picture which needs to be cleared. The new USB pen drive installation mechanism on XP machines works with two files stored in the Windows/Inf folder: usbstor.inf and usbstor.pnf.To disable this function, you must deny access to the "System" built-in user group for the XP machine. However, on large networks, changing the permissions for these two files on each individual machine is a hassle. I suppose the thing and the desired information and discussion will surely help you out for sorting the change and process for you. Hope this will be helpful for you.