Thread: Fix Snow Leopard and HP printer problems

Fix Snow Leopard and HP printer problems

Hello,
    I just upgrade my system with Snow Leopard.I have old HP LaserJet 4000N which works good atm. But , when the time i switch to Snow Leopard,the printer no longer responds to your print requests. for your reference i have mac system.i don't know what to do? how to make printer work smoothly? Anyone know about this ? Any suggestion?

Re: Fix Snow Leopard and HP printer problems

If your printer is connected to your Mac via AppleTalk (which was the case for me), the printer does not respond after upgrading to Snow Leopard. To make it work again, go to the Print & Fax System Preferences and click the shutter the plus (+) icon. This displays the Add a printer. Confirming the lack of AppleTalk support, the toolbar no longer includes an icon AppleTalk / button.printer appears in the default list, select the name and click to add it. All are probably right. However, chances are good that AppleTalk previously connected to the printer is too old to include support for Bonjour and will therefore not appear in the default list. In this case, you will need to work a little more back.attempt add the printer to add the printer via IP, click on the icon of the IP in the toolbar Add Printer. What to do next varies slightly depending on your printer model.

Click the button of IP and select HP JetDirect - Socket from the pull-down menu.Enter protocol printer IP address in the Address text box. I do not know what the address is? Not to worry. Print a configuration page. To my 4000N, I used the menu button and the object on the printer for the Print Setup appear in the LCD, then I hit Select. On the impression that results, I find the line that says IP ADDRESS.If things go well, shortly after entering the IP address, the Print Using the line at the bottom of the window displays the name of your Printer (as seen on the right). If so, click the Add button and you're done. Your printer should be ready to work with Snow Leopard.

If you have another brand of printer, you'll probably need to choose Internet Printing Protocol - IPP instead of HP Jetdirect. And there will be another way to determine the IP address. But the basic procedure remains the same.One bit of good news: You should not have to install a new printer driver software. The latest versions are already installed through the update snow leopard.
    I think HP support is no longer available for 4000N.It 's to old.Enter the IP address in the Address text box. I Not to worry. Print a configuration page. To my 4000N, I used the menu button and the object on the printer for the Print Setup appear in the LCD, then I hit Select. On the impression that results, I find the line that says IP address.