Thread: Intel push X25-M performance in Windows 7

Intel push X25-M performance in Windows 7

Hello,
    I have hp pavilion desktop at my home . I have installed Intel X25-M solid-state drive with storage 160GB .I want to know how i can raise Intel SSDs. Is there is any option which boost the performance.also i am planing to move from XP to Windows 7. So i am looking for solution which is work with windows 7. Can you help me out? Any suggestion??

Re: Intel push X25-M performance in Windows 7

Intel announces availability of a toolkit for optimizing performance of its X25-M class of consumers in the solid state disk (SSD) drive with the 7 tools of the Windows operating system.The are designed to help better manage and keep out of the box performance of Intel SSD, Intel said in a statement.The Intel SSD Toolbox allows users to better monitor and manage the health of the DSS. Upgrading firmware and Intel SSD Optimize the use of Windows 7 ATA Data Set Management Command (known as Trim) to help keep the SSD Intel clocked at high efficiency and constant.

The X25-E offers single cell technology level, where one bit of data occupies a cell of flash memory. The X18-M and X25-M multi-function cell technology, in which four data bits occupy a cell of flash memory. This makes the X25-E is optimized for performance and reliability of data, and the X18-M and X25-M is optimized for capacity.
    DSS Toolkit and Optimizer also allow improvements to the respective work with Windows XP and Vista.X25 owners of M with 160 GB of capacity on the dive, the updated firmware also provides a performance benefit to sequential write speeds, offering up to 100 MB per second, a 40% performance improvement on the current firmware version.

Intel SSD Toolbox provides so many management tools and information on the drive, including a comparison to the self and Reporting Technology (SMART) attributes to drive threshold. The toolkit also includes a graphical user interface that will allow users to program and execute the Trim command independent of the operating system.Intel recommends that users install the updated firmware and tool box, run the Trim function daily to ensure only the best performance.Not Windows 7 users receive the performance improvements of the Trim command, but there is your Windows XP and Vista.