Thread: is there a way you format your pc or use recovery disc if monitor wont start up

is there a way you format your pc or use recovery disc if monitor wont start up

hi there guys and girls

just wondering if theres a way of formatting my hd without the use of my monitor , ive installed my graphic card drivers now my monitor wont work and i cant use system recovery , or get into bios ive only just formated my hd so not bothered about losing data as theres nothing on there ..

really hope theres someone out there with some help thankyou very much for reading

Re: is there a way you format your pc or use recovery disc if monitor wont start up

No this is not possible. You cannot install Windows without using a monitor. Because it is hard to determine the boot screen plus the windows installation. Try this out. Get a display card instead of a graphic card. If your motherboard has on board display then connect the same with monitor. Run the windows from there. This will be a easy way.

Re: is there a way you format your pc or use recovery disc if monitor wont start up

i didnt think so but it is always wise to ask the question thank you

It is possible to install windows on a computer without a display [monitor]. but what is imposisble is to guess which screen the windows setup reach...