Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-10-2009

New machine for Maya

Hi everybody,

After reading all thru the mails regarding system configuration, i would like to seek your help regarding buying PC with best configuration for Maya plus other 3d graphic software like to say zbrush etc etc. I want my machine to run at a fast pace, working with fur (10-15L), cloth and particle animation etc etc to be smooth. Rendering to be smooth etc , mean to say the machine which i can rely on for next 5 to 8 years. My budget is 70K.
Somebody told to go for server board with dual processor. wherein i can go with one processor for the time being and if needed will add another processor if need arises in near future. which motherboard should i go for and what graphic card . Can you people help me regarding this.

Ranbir
Old 26-10-2009

Re: New machine for Maya

A good processor-if you can budget for it try finding either an Intel Core 2 Duo or an AMD Athlon 6000+ or above, or spurge for the Intel Core 2 Quad processor for 4x the speed. I am using Amd athlon 64 dit dual processor,
with 2 gb ram, nvidia's graphic card with 512 mb of memory will be good,
but even if u get 256 mb of memory in card, it will do good. But a good motherboard-not too big of a deal if you buy high-end, just make sure the motherboard can take more than 2-3 GB or RAM. I've seen some eMachines that only allow 2 GB on the board. A good video card- try an Nvidia GeForce 8000 series or around, the higher the number you can get the better.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: ,