Thread: Acer Aspire 4736Z DVD drive not working

Acer Aspire 4736Z DVD drive not working

Recently i had bought a new Acer Aspire 4736Z laptop which came with Windows Vista been pre-installed on it. Now the problem is that from last few days i had noticed that my laptop dvd drive seems to be not working properly. It doesn't detect any disc on it. Can any body tell me that what should i do if my Acer Aspire 4736Z DVD drive not working properly? Please let me know your suggestion to resolve the above issue.

Re: Acer Aspire 4736Z DVD drive not working

Sounds like maybe a bad connection inside the laptop. Ensure it is not a softwarematic problem. Removing the drive shouldn't be too difficult, you could examine the connection contacts for breaks, etc.

I think you should use try to use a new IDE cable. I would perform a system restore to a couple days before this became an issue. There might be some dust deposited on the laser eye. Get CD lense cleaner kit from any redio shack. Sometimes it works. Also try removing this file (delete) from \Windows\System\Iosubsys\Udfreadr.vxd or CDVSD.VXD and restart the machine.

I think you should take your laptop to your dealer from where you had purchased it. You can also visit the near by Acer service center. I would go to Device Manager and uninstall each device that I have problems with, for whatever reason. I would remove all external/flash drives which are taking up real estate in My Computer.

i having the same problem too with my acer notebook..dvd drive is hard to open..and it always says not responding..:c

Quote Originally Posted by natsirht28 View Post
    i having the same problem too with my acer notebook..dvd drive is hard to open..and it always says not responding..:c
    Did you try to update the firmware of your Acer Aspire 4736Z DVD drive, you can contact the manufacturor of the DVD drive to get the latest firmware available for it or can even log on to acer.com and search for the firmware version of your dvd drive and simply install it. Another thing is, if you cannot find a firmware update, disable the Adaptive Link Power Management (ALPM) feature on the computer.