Thread: Acer Aspire 5100 keyboard and mouse problem?

Acer Aspire 5100 keyboard and mouse problem?

I'm having Acer Aspire laptop on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. From last few days i'm not able to use my keyboard as well as my mouse. It doesn't function at all. Due to which i can't even boot my machine in to a safe mode. What i need to do to resolve my Acer Aspire 5100 keyboard and mouse problem? Any body have any idea about it? Please help me to resolve the above issue. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Re: Acer Aspire 5100 keyboard and mouse problem?

This is an electronic problem in the Acer products. The first thing that comes to mind when strange occurrences like this happen is whether or not you have an up to date anti virus program running on your machine. You have to detach the battery or disable the battery ACPI support from the hardware manager under "System components".

Two possible things I have tried with a similar problem. Remove battery and connect to wall socket, power up laptop without battery. If you remove the battery, then plug in the power adpater, will it power on correctly? Another suggestion, is to remove hdd from laptop and power up. see if keyboard works then. this would indicate a software issue.

I suggest you have your keyboard tested on a similar laptop or get a replacement keyboard for testing. Try shutting down again (press and hold power button), then remove the battery, ensure you are plugged into the mains, now restart. It fixed my problem. If it works with a new keyboard that would rule out the motherboard. Or other wise take it to your local dealer from where you had purchased it. He might be able to help you out to resolve the above issue.