Thread: Samsung SV4002H Victor Hard Disk needed urgently

Samsung SV4002H Victor Hard Disk needed urgently

My Samsung SV4002H Victor Hard Disk is not getting detected due to problems on the circuit board. The Hard Disk Service Person told me that this is an old model and so its components are not available in the market for it to get serviced. He told me that, the only option now is to find another hard disk of exactly the same model (in working condition), so that its circuit board can be attached to my hard disk and the data can be backed up after which I can return back the hard disk restoring its board.

I reside in Bangalore (India). So my only option is now to find a person who has this same hard disk and is willing to help me by giving it to me for a while so that I can use it to back up the data and return it back in the same condition. Of course the person can back up data on his/her hard disk before giving it to me or I can make arrangements to back up data (if can trust me), so that his/her data is not lost which is more important than my purpose. Or even if someone has a spare hard disk of this model which is in working condition and if its no longer used, that can also serve my purpose.

This model was in the market maybe 4-6 years back which was the time I purchased it. So anyone who bought a PC/Harddisk at around this period may have it! So I kindly request you to do this favor as I have very critical data on my hard disk which I unfortunately could not take a backup before this happened.

I inquired about this with most of the persons that I know and unfortunately I couldn't find any help. So I need a broader option and hence posting here...

I also asked the Samsung Service Centre and they only say that they can replace the hard disk which is in warranty period and they don't deal anything with Data Recovery or Spare Parts. Alas, they can't understand our situation.

I can even pay you some money (more than the cost of this hard disk). I hope you can understand my situation...

I want this to happen pretty urgently because I was using one of the files in the disk for daily purpose which has very critical data. Without it I'm doing manual logging so far (past 1 week) and as long as this continues, my job becomes tedious later.

Anybody willing to help me out can reply to this asap, so that I can contact them through private means rather than putting up contact information directly here.

Also is there any good data recovery expert in Bangalore who can do this quickly and effectively? I have already approached a couple of them here with no positive results.

If this model hard disk is available anywhere (new or old) in any market, I can pay twice its amount and buy it. Unfortunately they tell that old model ones won't be available anymore.

Please help.

Re: Samsung SV4002H Victor Hard Disk needed urgently

If your harddisk is under warranty then better to claim it but now you looking for data back up so if your hard disk is completely dead then also you can get data but your warranty will get void so choice is yours you can try to search part on ebay