Thread: flashdrive complex problem

sad flashdrive complex problem

flash drive : kingston data traveller 120 16gb

yesterday, i was adding some data to my flash drive, but an error occurred during one of the process, i thought it was some kind of virus. so i decided to format my flash drive, but then the formatting process never completed even tho i tried it so many times. then, i remove my flash drive and plug it again, ironicly,my flash's name turned into ' REMOVABLE DISK [G:] ' and that is when i realize if there was a problem. after that i clicked the drive and then, ' G: is not accessible, incorrect function ' . so i tried to removed it again, and plug it again, the name was same but the pop up was ' please insert a disk to drive g ' i was really pissed because i bought it last month, anyway, i started to surf on the internet and there was a similiar case to mine, but i think mine is a little bit complex,

these are my symptoms :

- the computer detect the mass storage device ( i've check it with USBDeview.exe) but everytime i open it, ' please insert a disk into drive G:'

- i've tried to change the letter and path from disk management but.... it does not show any disk beside disk 0 (contain [C:] and [D:]) cd 1 ( no media) and cd 2 (no media), it seemed like the disk 1 was missing,

- the light on the flash drive was off

- everytime i plug or remove the flash drive the computer always beep like usual,

- i already uninstall and re install it but nothing changed

- no virus were detected before during and after the incident

thank you very much for your help

Re: flashdrive complex problem

The disk was is use when you plugged it off your machine, this has caused the disk to stop working. It is always said that always remove the usb drive after software removal, it is done so that the disk could be checked if it is under use, removing the usb flash drive without safety measures like you did is likely to corrupt the disk, since it is just a month old, you can get it replaced...

I just disabled a bunch of that might might have been the cause, but my sights are set on it possibly being powerISO, apparrently it starts a DVD-Rom emulator on startup. These are complex little devices with their delicate components stored within some kind of brittle plastic casing.Which I didn't notice. If anybody has this issue, check the software on your computer, especially the emulation software.

aww man , is there any way to heal the corupted part? it'll take me a year to return it to the vendor, i bought it far away from my home when i had a trip,